Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dominique Leone

Anyway, so there's this guy Dominique Leone who's not that cool looking or anything. I think he may have written some reviews for Pitchfork (another Pitchfork reference, I'm sorry) but I found out about him through a different source.


Whew I've got to make sure this doesn't turn into just a music blog.

I got his EP when it came out. It was like four or five songs and nothing really great. The first track was decent alt-house or maybe trance? I don't fucking know. The rest were scattershot. Good moments, boring moments you know the drill.



The last track kind of blew me away though. It's nothing special. Best lyric: "Conversational... can you hear it... no... you can't." It sounds like someone playing a repetitive piano riff on a midi controller set up to Ableton with some stock keyboard sound preloaded in. The singing fleetingly sounds like a wanna-be Roger Waters with way too much chorus on his voice (wasn't that always the case?).

Somehow, it works though. It's gotten under my skin. I've listened to it 1,000 times. I'm working on getting the actual album, which has been garnering some pretty positive reviews.

NONE OF MY FUCKING LINKS WORK ON THIS WEBSITE! They either get cut off or they don't show up at all.

In the mean time just go to his damn site www.dominiqueleone.com and scroll down towards the bottom and click on B3: Conversational. It's the best I can do.

If anyone knows a simple method for doing my own hosting PLEASE let me know.

No comments: